PROF. VIJAY VISWANATHAN
Some intro text here
- Head of the WHO Collaborating Centre for Research, Education and Training in Diabetes.
- MD in Internal Medicine and was awarded Gold medal in final MD examination.
- Awarded Ph.D. in Medicine by Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Madras on the study of Diabetic Nephropathy in Type 2 Diabetes.
- Has published over 150 original articles in peer reviewed International and National journals especially on Diabetic kidney diseases and Prevention of foot Amputation in Diabetes.
- Organized 5 International Conferences on diabetic foot.
- Trained over 2000 physicians in preventing foot amputation related to diabetes.
- Conferred the Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians, London / Glasgow in 2009 / 2010.
- Honoured by the Tamilnadu Dr.MGR Medical University as Adjunct Professor in 2010.
- Member of the National Governing Body of the Association of Physicians of India
- Secretary of the Diabetic Foot Society of India (DFSI)
- Conferred the ‘Best Doctor Award’ from the Tamilnadu Dr.MGR Medical University